TV Casting Round-Up: ‘Anger Management’, ‘Parenthood’, ‘Blue Bloods’, ‘Hemlock Grove’, ‘Girls’, ‘Hart of Dixie’, ‘Psych’, ‘Raising Hope’ & ‘Peaky Blinders’ (UPDATE)
[UPDATE #10] Get ready to welcome Lucy Lawless to Parks and Recreation, Chris O’Dowd to HBO, Ayelet Zurer of Angel’s & Demons, John Slattery to Arrested Development, Grimm, Vampire Diaries, Tony Shalhoub in CBS Pilot, The Mob Doctor, Tina Majorino heads to Grey’s Anatomy and two recasted roles on ABC’s Revenge & Last Man Standing.
- Spartacus Lucy Lawless Heads to Parks and Recreation
- Christopher Guest Lands Pilot at HBO, Chris O’Dowd to Star
- Angels & Demons Ayelet Zurer Finds Herself on Touch
- Mad Men John Slattery Cast in Unknown Secret Role for New Arrested Development Episodes
- Bones Squintern Grant Terry Cast in Grimm
- Tony Shalhoub Joins Rob Greenberg CBS Comedy Pilot
- The Big C‘s John Benjamin Hickey Joins The Mob Doctor
- True Blood, Veronica Mars Alum Tina Majorino Joins Grey’s Anatomy in Guest Role
- David Alpay Heads Over To The Vampire Diaries
- Revenge Recasts With Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa
- Last Man Standing Recasts With Jordan Masterson
[UPDATE #9] This new batch will freak many of us TV addicts: HIMYM, Hannibal, White Collar, Arrow, Smash, Up All Night, The Good Wife, Suburgatory and AMC Pilot.
- Bob Odenkirk (Breaking Bad) heads to HIMYM
- Hannibal Casts Lara Jean Chorostecki
- Emily Protector goes to White Collar
- Arrow nabs Torchwood’s John Barrowman
- Smash adds Sheryl Lee Ralph
- Up All Night does a SNL reunion for Maya Rudolph with Rachel Dratch
- Suburgatory Finds Life Coach in H. Jon Benjamin
- Lennie James and Joe Abnderson cast in AMC Pilot
- The Good Wife gets Miriam Shor
[UPDATE #8] More castings on Law & Order: SVU, The Mindy Project, 90210 and Ben and Kate. Read more after the jump.
- Kathryn Erbe Bringing Eames from ‘Criminal Intent’ to NY on ‘Law & Order: SVU’
- ‘The Mindy Porject’ Has Found It’s Leading Love Interest in Tommy Dewey
- Ryan Lochte To Guest on ’90210′
- ‘Ben and Kate’ Welcomes Parents WithVernee Watson and Tom Wright
[UPDATE #7] Check out the new castings on The Exes (Zach Braff and Dot-Marie Jones), Two and a Half Men (Miley Cyrus), Smash (Sean Hayes), Castle (Jodi Lyn O’Keefe) and an AMC pilot (Marin Ireland) after the jump.
- Zach Braff Has Scrubs Reunion With Donald Faison on ‘The Exes’
- ‘Glee’ Dot-Marie Jones Also Heads To ‘The Exes’
- Miley Cyrus Cast to Romance Jake on ‘Two and a Half Men’
- Sean Hayes Reunites With ‘Will and Grace’ Co-Star Debra Messing For Guest Arc on NBC Musical ‘Smash’
- ‘Castle’ Finds Jodi Lyn O’Keefe Stuck Betweek Castle & Beckett
- Marin Ireland Lands Untitled AMC Pilot From LaGravernese/Goldwyn
[UPDATE #6] More guest roles are being cast, this time for Chicago Fire, Girls, Last Man Standing and Arrow. Read after the jump.
Shiri Appleby will recur on NBC’s firefighter drama Chicago Fire as Clarice, “the ex-girlfriend of Shay (Lauren German) who is pregnant and married to a rich husband.” The actress was recently cast in a recurring role on HBO’s Girls.
Amanda Fuller will become a new regular on the ABC comedy Last Man Standing, replacing actress Alexandra Krosney to portray Tim Allen and Nancy Travis’ oldest daughter Kristin.
Emily Bett Rickards will recur on CW superhero drama Arrow as Felicity Smoak, “a DC Comics character known for her technical expertise. Smoak onArrow is a similar character, an IT wunderkind at Queen Consolidated.”
[UPDATE #5] Welcome Ray Wise to Criminal Minds and Frankie Muniz to Apartment 23. Read after the jump.
- ‘Criminal Minds’ Is Bringing ‘Twin Peaks’ Actor Ray Wise
- ‘Apartment 23′ Nabs Frankie Muniz & Mark-Paul Gosselaar
[UPDATE #4] Welcome more casting news for New Girl, The Vampire Diaries, Smash, Community, Touch and pilots from TVLand (I’m Not Dead Yet & Brothers-In-Law) and BET (Being Mary Jane).
- ‘New Girl’ Gets Raymond Barry from ‘Justified’ as “Future Nick”
- Phoebe Tonkin Stays in CW Family, Goes from ‘Secret Circle’ To ‘The Vampire Diaries’
- ‘Smash’ Finds Daniel Sanjata As New Love Interest
- ‘Community’ Casts Matt Lucas From ‘Little Britain’
- Kiefer Sutherland’s ‘Touch’ Casts Said Taghmaoui, Adam Campbell & Ray Santiago
- ‘Bridesmaids’ Ben Falcone To Lead TV Land Pilot ‘I’m Not Dead Yet’
- Jay Mohr, Ellen Woglom in TV Land’s Comedy Pilot ‘Brothers-In-Law’
- Mara Brock Akil’s Hourlong BET Pilot ‘Being Mary Jane’ With Gabrielle Union
[UPDATE #3] There’s more? Why, yes. Television is like that, never-ending casting goodies for you to check up on your favorite show. This batch: Don’t Trust The B—- in Apartment 23, Raising Hope, HIMYM, Revenge & Banshee.
- ‘Don’t Trust The B—- in Apartment 23′ Welcomes Busy Philipps in Season 2
- Wilmer Valderrama Heads to ‘Raising Hope’
- Thomas Lennon Will Be Left at the Alter in Season 7 Premiere ‘HIMYM’
- ‘Revenge’ Gets ‘Greek’ Actress Dilshad Vadsaria
- ‘Banshee’ Finds Odetta Annable
[UPDATE #2] Check out more updates on Royal Pains, 90210, Weeds, The Following, Two and a Half Men, Law & Order: SVU, Once Upon A Time and Touch.
- Khotan Recurs on ‘Royal Pains’; ’90210′ Grabs JessicaParker Kennedy
- Natasha Lyonne Gets ‘Weeds’ 1-hour Series Finale Role
- ‘Law & Order’ Actress Annie Parisse Goes To ‘The Following’ In Series Regular Role
- ‘Two and a Half Men’ Grabs Brit Morgan from ‘True Blood’
- ‘Law & Order: SVU’ Find Guest Stars in Roger BArt, Anna Chlumsky and Raul Esparza
- ‘Once Upon A Time’ Finds Michael Raymond-James in “Mysterious Role”
- ‘OUAT’ Also Finds Its “Captain Hook” in Colin O’Donoghue
- ‘Touch’ Adds Lukas Haas
[UPDATE #3] There’s more casting updates for TV including How I Met Your Mother, Touch, Up All Night, New Girl, Last Resort, Body of Proof, White Collar and CSI: NY. See them after the jump.
- Joe Manganiello heads to How I Met Your Mother
- Saxon Sharbino cast as Maria Bello’s daughter on Keifer Sutherland’s Touch
- Sean Hayes will guest star on Up All Night
- New Girl casts Nelson Franklin as Cece’s new love interest and Anna Maria Horsford to plays Winston’s mother
- Jay Hernandez has gained a significant role on Shawn Ryan’s Last Resort
- Elyes Gabel has locked a new series regular role Body of Proof across Dana Delaney
- Twilight‘s Jackson Rathbone Heads to White Collar
- CSI: NY casts Peter Horton
[Original] Yes, there’s so many TV casting updates, we decided to just do a special round-up session in anticipation of the fall premieres on several TV series on network, cable and Netflix that includes the following: Anger Management finds Martin Sheen, Parenthood, Blue Bloods, Hemlock Grove, Girls, Hart of Dixie, Psych, Raising Hope and Peaky Blinders with Cillian Murphy.
Anger Management can welcome Charlie’s actual daddy Martin Sheen to the cast as, well you guessed it, Charlie’s TV dad creating a “multigenerational family”. I’d prefer to see it as dad wants to help out their troubled son. I’m going to get flak on that last comment, bombs away!
Cillian Murphy will star as Tommy, “the most ruthless brother in a family of gangsters in the six-part BBC Two drama Peaky Blinders.” Created by Steven Knight (writer on Eastern Promises and Oscar-nominated for Stephen Frears’ Dirty Pretty Things), the series will be set in 1919 Birmingham “where Tommy’s family rules the lawless post-war slum neighborhoods as returning soldiers, revolutionaries and criminals fight for survival. The family is known as the “Peaky Blinders” based on their practice of sewing razor blades into the peaks of their caps. Murphy’s Tommy finds his leadership challenged when a Belfast police chief comes to clean up the city, and a beautiful, mysterious woman arrives with a dangerous secret.”
Shiri Appleby joins HBO’s Girls for an arc as Natalie, “a new love interest for Hannah’s (Lena Dunham) lover Adam Driver (Adam Sackler), who broke up with Hannah in the first-season finale. Natalie is a beautiful and charming New Yorker who adores Adam despite his wild sexual tendencies.”
Melanie Griffith will have a guest arc on Fox’s Raising Hope, playing the mother of Sabrina (Shannon Woodward). Joined by her mother Tippi Hedren (The Birds) who will be playing “her mother and Sabrina’s grandmother on the show.” Series creator Greg Garcia said this of their casting:
“As a fan of Melanie Griffith, the actress, I was excited about the possibility of having her on the show, and now that I’ve had the chance to meet Melanie Griffith, the person, I can’t wait to get the chance to work with her, and then Tippi Hedren agrees to play Melanie’s mother on the show? Are you kidding? Just two weeks ago, I showed my kids The Birds for the first time. This is a very exciting way for us to start off Season Three.”
Parenthood will be adding Matt Lauria (Friday Night Lights) in a major reccuring role on the Season 4 NBC drama as a “soldier who has returned from Afghanistan and connects with fellow war veteran Zeek (Craig T. Nelson).”
Peter Hermann will play Erin’s (Bridget Moynahan) ex-husband as “the charismatic lawyer that Erin goes toe-to-toe with is her ex-husband Jack Boyle… Jack’s surprise return stirs up unresolved issues for Erin, their daughter Nicky (Sami Gayle) and the rest of the Reagan family.”
Gary Dourdan (CSI) will recur on ABC’s summer 2013 soap Mistresses as “a detective who will cause trouble for Karen and Elizabeth Grey (Penelope Ann Miller). Also set to recur on the series is Matt Del Negro as a Karen’s co-worker who has a crush on her.”
Jay Harrington (Better Off Ted) will have a six-episode arc on TV Land comedy Hot In Cleveland “as a love interest for star Valerie Bertinelli.”
Aisha Hinds (187 Detroit) will also have a 6-episode recurring role on midseason CW mystery/thriller drama Cult. The actress is playing Roselyn Sakelik, “celebrated LAPD homicide detective, who is very different, and far more dangerous, than anyone first thinks she is.”
Psych is going retor-80s by casting John Kapelos (Carl the Janitor on The Breakfast Club) for a guest-starring stint as “Tom Swagerty, a Santa Barbara City Council leader who is tasked with serving as the interim mayor after Mayor Channing dies unexpectedly.” The episode he’ll appear in is titled ”The Santabarbarian Candidate”.
Hart of Dixie has added Charlie Robinson as the grandfather of Ruby Jeffries (played by Girlfriends alum Golden Brooks) “who comes back to town.”
Hemlock Grove will be adding Tiio Horn (18 to Life) on the Netflix horror series where she’ll be playing Destina Rumaneck, “a Gypsy witch-prostitute whose confidence games are a mask for dark supernatural abilities”.